How to find us:
Route description with public transport: train SBB/bus VBL
SBB timetable train
VBL timetable bus nr 7 from main train station Lucerne - Sternmatt
VBL timetable bus nr 7 from Sternmatt - main train station Lucerne
From the main train station you take bus nr 7 in direction Biregghof.
At bus stop "Sternmatt" you get off the bus.
Now you are standing just in front of the restaurant Sternegg.
A few steps to the left and you are in the B&B "Rittershuus"
By car route description Nord / South
By car Route description via Allmend
exit Luzern / Horw: Take the A2 direction Luzern, take the exit Luzern / Horw.
Stay on the Ringstrasse (4) and at the 2nd roundabout (after approximately 2.5 km)
turn left in the Horwerstrasse (4).
At the 1st roundabout turn right into Zihlmattweg. At the restaurant Accademia turn right
into the Grüneggstrasse. This curvy road merges into Sternmattstrasse.
Follow up till the end of the road. Then turn left for the Restaurant Sternegg and just
next to it is B & B "Rittershuus"
You will find the B&B "Rittershuus" in a quiet suburban area in Lucerne. Because of Lucerne’s
small distances you can reach the shore of the Lake of Lucerne in about 10 minutes.
The historical old town or the main train station is also within about 15 min walking distance.
In our immediate surroundings, 5 - 10 minutes away, you will find:
- The recreational area "Bireggwald" (a forest). In addition to walking trails with lookouts in the
surrounding mountains and the Lake of Lucerne you can also go jogging or work out at the “vita track”.
- The Luzern Messe Exhitibion Fairground Allmend were various cultural- and sports events are held. (football, athletics meeting, exhibitions...)
Since August 2012 there is a fitness centre and a modern indoor swimming pool.
- Das Eiszentrum Luzern, the indoor ice rink where there are concerts and lots of other events.
- Next to us, it has a restaurant (Sternegg) with fine Swiss specialities.
- Shopping in the vicinity. Please keep in mind that all the shops and supermarkets close on Saturdays
at 16:00 and will not open on Sundays. At the train station Lucerne, you will find supermarkets and
shops open until 22:00 7 days a week.
- The Titlis ski resort is 35 km away.
- Lucerne train station - Zurich Airport approx. 1 hour.